Tuesday, August 15, 2017

"Unrelenting"

Here is one of my latest paintings. It is on yupo, using ink, fluid acrylic, and alcohol inks.
Following is the poem that I wrote to go with it. It was originally for a show on addiction and recovery, which isn't going to happen this year, unfortunately.

The "model" is actually a very sweet kitty friend of my friend Jen.


UNRELENTING
By Christine D. Campbell
Even when I cannot see you
Your eyes upon me are unrelenting;
Never resting, always waiting
For my moment of weakness.
Then POUNCE!
You would have me
Between those threatening claws,
Taking pleasure in the taunting, As I squirm between your paws;
Taking measure of my pain,
Prelude to a life’s demise.

So too, must I watch for you,
My eyes vigilant and unrelenting.
Never resting, always watching
For my moment of strength.
Then NO!
You cannot have me!
With my own protective claws,
I’ll escape this desperate haunting, Steal the victory from your jaws
And keep what I have fought to gain:
Freedom of a life reclaimed.


No comments: