Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Making Corrections on a Batik: Method #1

 



Method #1: corrections BEFORE gluing your painting down.

Here is what the Bird of Paradise looked like after all the wax was removed.
I really like it. When I waxed, though, I got a wider line across the "beak" than I wanted. And I wished the leaf looked more green.




Below you see the sheet of watercolor paper that I am going to glue my painting onto as a support.
(This can be your less expensive paper, a canvas board, canvas, or wood painted white)
I traced parts of my original drawing so I know where to glue. I used waterproof ink and painted in parts that I wanted to change: either add more color or define a shape. This process goes very
quickly. I used Posca markers, but you can use anything permanent.


I positioned the painting over those changes, and glued it down on the paper.
(You can use Aleene's glue, or a good glue such as YES paste. I used YES because I want to be able to demonstrate other post-glue processes also)
Now you can see a line of pink across the "beak" of the flower. The leaf is greener. Some of the petals are brighter where I inked some pink or bright yellow. 



Before and after side by side


No comments: