Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Finished Tree with Rocks



Finishing the tree and rocks.

To finish the trunk of the tree, I added some French ultramarine to shadow it and darken a few areas. I also added a little French into the water area. I sponge painted the yellow, then orange, then red in the trees, drying between each color, and then spattered and sprayed in areas. I sponged some dull green in some of the background areas to push them further into the background.I also dry brushed some of the green in the farther shore (Had to keep it a dull green so it didn't come forward)  I strengthened some of the rock shapes and washed some watered down coral over them to warm them up a little. Finally, I spattered the foreground. 






STUDENT WORK

Sometimes I am jealous because the students' work turns out better than mine!
Here are two. The top one is finished, done very loosely. Love it! The second one
also stayed quite loose and used hogs hair brush to get some texture in the lower bark.
(Thanks for letting me show off your work!)




No comments: