Sunday, August 9, 2020

SUNFLOWER INK AND WASH

 LAST POST I SHOWED HOW TO MAKE A LOOSE WASH. I HAVE BEEN WANTING TO DO SUNFLOWERS, AND MY FRIEND GAVE ME SOME LOVELY SUNFLOWER PHOTOS FROM HER GARDEN FOR REFERENCES.

First, I made some drawings of potential subjects on tracing paper. This way I could hold it over my painting and see which ones fit the painting best. Since it is transparent, I could also flip the image over if I wanted to.

Second, I positioned the drawings where I wanted them and drew them onto the painting.I've used two examples, since I did two washes. 


I'm going to use the second drawing for this demo. 
After drawing, I did some more negative painting to bring out some of the details, not all.
Then I added some color (especially greens) where it needed it. I'm going to put a bumble bee in on the top flower also, so I lightly painted that in. 



No comments: