Friday, June 5, 2009

New Classes

I just started my first regular class for younger students. I've tutored individual kids and adults, and I've taught adults classes. I've taught large community driven classes for kids, but I prefer the smaller classes where they can get more personal attention. They also have opportunities to express what they are interested in learning, and we can steer the class in that direction. Interest equals learning in my book.

I am really impressed with the kids so far. I will try to post some of their work on-line now and then. Also some brief lessons in case they miss a class.

I also discovered some good on-line sites for portrait drawing, which is what our next class will be on. (Man, they want the hard stuff first!) A good basic one is portrait-artist.org. They use some of the principles from The New Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain by Betty Edwards.

No comments: