Thursday, May 18, 2017

TENNIS SHOE TOUCH UPS

To touch up and finish the tennis shoes, I needed to make some corrections. I did not like the dullness around the bottom sides of the shoe, so I used Mr. Clean Magic Eraser to remove the dull paint. I also used it on the front middle of the shoe to remove hard lines.




On the shoe laces I used the same technique we used on the zebras, applying one color, then another, wet into wet. At first I was using a blue that was not on my original palette....BIG NO NO. It just looked weird. So I went back to the original colors I used in my pour. I lifted a few whites, darkened the dark parts of the shoe, and cleaned up the eyelet holes for the laces with some dark shadows. I also lifted some soft shoelace forms on the inside of the shoe. You can also see where I added the magenta (the color I used on original pour) around the toe and into the sides of it, to make it look like the color was glowing from the inside. I then strengthened the shadow under the shoe, and added a little more magenta and yellow on the toe. For a tiny bit of surprise color, I added a little yellow green at the top back of the shoe and on one of the laces.
Thinking of calling it "One Step at a Time" in honor of  those who are in a 12-step program for recovery.


No comments: