Saturday, May 13, 2017

ATOMIC TENNIS SHOE#2


Here it is after my second pour. Pouring means constantly making decisions about what to keep, what to miskit, what to pour on. You can "spot" pour by dripping into small areas with a dropper. Or you might decide to only pour one or two colors next time. It all depends on how your previous pour turned out.
On this one I added some more magenta in the center. Then I put miskit on more areas I wanted to save. I even put miskit on the background and pulled some of it back off.



Here is the "map" for the third pour, indicated by the yellow. To create an "explosive" effect, I applied miskit to the background, then, using my finger, I rubbed the dried miskit off areas ins streaks.

I wet the paper again and poured mostly blue, holding the paper upside down. I wanted it to pour away from the toe of the shoe, because I really liked that rainbow effect near the toe. After pouring, I brushed some blue around the botttom of the shoe to create the shadow, without getting more blue on the bottom of the picture. 



After everything was dry, I pulled off all the miskit. As you can see, the miskit pulled off
some of the color, but I was generally happy with the result. One thing I learned from this is to have pretty fresh miskit. It will peel off much easier.



Next week: Touching it up!





No comments: