Saturday, May 20, 2017

1955 Ford Truck


When I was looking at the photograph again, I noticed that something I thought was a yellow window is actually part of the truck: it's a side mirror on (my) right. I liked it and decided to pencil it in. You can see it in this picture. I will miskit it because I don't want to lose those lines doing the background. 

For those who like to work ahead a little, continue painting the rust in the technique you liked best. I decided that I liked putting the rust in on the white, letting it dry, and then painting the truck color and blending it into the rust. All miskit is still on. I painted the rust on the wheels, bumper, any place there was rust. I did put a coat of dark on the tires, making sure to leave some marks for the tread. 
And because it was looking a little undefined to me, I put some of the dark lines in: around the window (don't do it there if you are going to work more in the window area); under the hood; around the door.

If you want your truck to be similar to this color, I've put below some possible color combinations that would work. I realize we don't all have the same colors, so I know these should work for you. I mostly used cobalt teal with orange, then darkened it with some pthalo in darker areas. But I could have used any of these combinations. 


Next Thursday, we'll finish up details and background. 

No comments: