Friday, August 30, 2019

A Few Journal Entries from Wyoming

The journal I eventually chose to take with me on my trip was the little Handbook by Global Art. It was compact, and I was only taking a carryon on the plane. So it fit in my purse with the little Portable Painter. It turned out just fine, even tho it was only 90 lb weight and wasn't 100% cotton. But it was great for "sketches."

Thought I'd share a few things I did last week. Not great art, but I did keep my brushes wet....

Notes from the speakers at church. This is how I pay attention and remember what was said.



A vase from my mom's house.



Experimenting with how to mix color for the Russian olive trees I saw everywhere.


Doodles.


Russian olive on a wood bench


The chapel at Ucross Park.


A blue teal duck at the fish hatchery in Story. No pencil drawing, just paint.


No comments: