Friday, August 30, 2019

MORE ON MASA

Going to try another masa paper, but I want to experiment. Usually, I wrinkle the paper, wet it, and put down a wash first before drawing my picture. This time I drew my picture first and went over it with permanent marker (in this case green and brown Sharpies). That way my pencil marks won't dissolve while I'm painting, and I can keep track of the picture better. 

This image is from an adult coloring book so I won't be able to show or sell it as original artwork. But it will work for demonstration purposes. Below you can see the brown marker on the bird, green on foliage. I did the marker BEFORE wrinkling, so it was easier to draw. 

If you do this, please test your marker for permanence if it is not a Sharpie. Some will smudge when wet.


I started with some greens and reds on the background. I haven't adhered it to a support yet because I want to get as much texture as I can before I glue it down and finish.




General directions for masa paper are on previous posts. See June of 2016 for one.

No comments: